The primary principle I learned from that book is that our protective instincts are there for a reason. Our children might not appreciate the guidelines right now, but eventually they will find comfort in the fact that we are protecting them in love. It's a profound and noble responsibility.
- Dr. Meg Meeker, Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
Westfall House Rules
- Love the Lord your God. You are expected to attend and be involved with our church family.
- Do not take the Lord’s name in vain or use foul language.
- Love your neighbor as yourself, aka ‘Golden Rule’. Treat others, including your siblings, the way you would like to be treated.
- Electronics in rooms - used for music and audio books only. Only exceptions are when you are sick and quarantined.
- Electronics are shut off at 6pm. Movies or TV sporting events with the family after this time are acceptable.
- TVs are not allowed in rooms. Only exceptions are sleepovers - and the TV must be returned the family room the next day.
- Shut off lights in your room, closet, and bathroom when unoccupied.
- One sport or activity at a time.
- You are expected to do your best and excel in school - Col. 3:23
- Chores lists will be done. You will contribute to household projects and maintenance.
Down the Road:
- No social media until 14. One app, monitored by parents.
- No dating until 16 - just the two of you going to a movie etc.